This ad is expired.
TEMPORARY Senior Research and Planning Analyst
Salary: $38.55 - $47.41 Hourly
Location: Fresno City College, CA
Job Type: Temporary
Division: FCC Educational Services & Institutional Effectiveness
Job Number: 202300436-T
Under general supervision, plans, designs and performs complex quantitative and qualitative research studies, surveys and other analyses; performs project management duties for a portfolio of studies; conducts focus groups; prepares and presents research papers, reports and recommendations in order to communicate data for others to understand outcomes and make decisions; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Designs complex quantitative and qualitative research and study methodologies for a variety of institutional research projects and assignments including studies related to the planning, accreditation, student learning outcome accessment, student success, retention and other institutional effectiveness measures; coordinates projects from conceptual design and problem definition/hypothesis development through data collection, analysis, interpretation and findings; manages a portfolio of project timelines and resources; monitors the deployment and frequency of surveys, focus groups and other qualitative data measurement tools.
- Develops proposals, tests research hypotheses and identifies appropriate research methodologies, statistical analysis techniques and data resources; conducts focus groups and one-on-one interviews; develops, implements and analyzes surveys; extracts, collects, analyzes and reconciles data and information related to accreditation, academic programs, grants, enrollment and curriculum management, student demographics and outcomes and other relevant data.
- Assists in the development of data elements, databases and business practices related to the collection of student data; validates the consistancy of data across programs, departments and throughout the District; generates complex data sets required for grant applications and reporting.
- Coordinates and assists with college planning, accreditation, program reviews and the assessment of student learning outcomes; participates in determining the implications of college practices, policies, measures and procedures and contributes to decision making on courses of action.
- Participates on and provides research assistance to college and District committees and ad hoc groups; prepares reports, presentations and plans to assist in decision making and process improvement to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness; provides training on data usage and report analysis to college management and faculty.
- Serves as an advanced functional expert for statistical software programs and modules and college databases; manages software and system user testing and may oversee software licensing; ensures the accuracy of data prior to submission to the State Chancellor's Office, the California Community College System Office, accrediting bodies and other organizations as needed.
- As assigned, provides input in selecting, training and providing day-to-day lead work guidance and direction to other professional staff; assigns, schedules and monitors work for completeness, accuracy and conformance with District, department and legal/regulatory requirements and standards; monitors workflow to ensure mandated deadlines are being met in an optimal manner; provides information, instruction and training on work procedures and technical/legal/regulatory requirements.
- Provides input to supervisor on employee work performance and behaviors; assists in ensuring a fair, open and inclusive work environment in accordance with the District's mission, goals and values.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Develops and distributes dashboards and other visual metric tracking tools.
- Maintains and updates the institutional research and planning website; ensures uploaded documentation is ADA compliant.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESKnowledge of:
- Theories, principles, methods and techniques of complex institutional and social science research.
- Professionally accepted research practices applicable to research design, methodology development/selection, data analysis and interpretation and reporting.
- Principles and practices of survey development, design and dissemination.
- Theories, principles, methods and techniques of statistical analysis.
- Statistical analysis software packages such as SPSS and Tableau and programming skills and tools used in extracting data sets.
- Methods and techniques applicable to college planning, evaluation of accreditation standards and processes, program review and assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Advanced knowledge of data extraction and query tools such as structured query language (SQL).
- Principles, practices and methods of administrative, organizational and management analysis.
- Applicable sections of the California Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Principles, tools and techniques of project planning and management.
- Data warehousing principles and methods.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including computers and applicable software programs.
- Practices and techniques of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- College and District organization, rules, policies and procedures applicable to departmental and division operations.
- Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the assignment.
- Uses and operations of scanners, phone systems, computers, standard business software, and database and spreadsheet applications.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Consultatively provide information and guidance to College faculty and staff on research and analysis techniques.
- Identify, investigate and define research issues and problems and locate sources of data to meet research needs and requirements, as appropriate to assigned scope of responsibility.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply standard research methodologies and techniques.
- Use interactive analytical statistical software packages efficiently.
- Operate computers and make advanced functional use of standard business software, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics and database applications.
- Use specialized software to create survey instruments.
- Apply graphical user interfaces (GUI), SQL and other programming and database tools to provide effective access to and presentation of community college-related information.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of faculty and staff in carrying out research and reporting functions.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Present research findings clearly, logically and in a meaningful and understandable form, using a wide variety of modalities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Basic principles and practices of employee work guidance and direction.
- Personnel Commission Rules, Administrative Regulations, Human Resources procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Master's degree from an accredited college or university, and at least three years of progressively responsible experience in social science or institutional research, including responsibility for research design, methodology development and statistical analysis; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program in some assignments.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk and stand; and lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet. The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
Only the most qualified applicants will be invited to interview for the assessment.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3964796/temporary-senior-research-and-planning-analyst
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ad837a0fecd36846b574113111c23c42