TEMPORARY - HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (BENEFITS)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 12/12/2022
The Department of Human Resources is seeking a talented individual to fill the temporary position of HR Specialist in Benefits.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating employee benefits with minimal supervision and direction. The Benefits Specialist reports to the Human Resources Supervisor.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
40 hours per week non-exempt with an anticipated start date of January 3, 2023 and a scheduled end date of August 15, 2023. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed.
Work Location: West Valley-Mission Community College District offices, located on the campus of West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Rate:$45.71 per hour
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and
abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of responsible experience similar to Human Resources Specialist I with the West Valley-Mission Community College District.
Equivalent to an Associates degree from an accredited college with major coursework in human resources management, general education, or a related field.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are typical but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the administration, implementation and maintenance of the Districts health and welfare programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance programs, COBRA and retiree benefits.
- Originate policies, procedures, forms and instruction manuals or other written materials necessary to support program implementation and function.
- Act as primary contact for all District employees and retirees regarding medical benefits.
- Manage communication and education programs to keep all employees well-informed of plan contents, options and changes, including retirees.
- Plan and implement open enrollment.
- Ensure customer questions are answered and issues resolved in a timely manner; directly participate in resolution of issues.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency