Senior IT Analyst (2nd opening)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 8/17/2020
The Information Systems Department is seeking talented individuals to fill the position of Senior Information Technology Analyst. This is the second of two positions open in the department.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Information Technology or the Associate Vice Chancellor of Information and Educational Technology, perform the most complex analytical and technical activities associated with enterprise-wide administrative application projects. This position will provide technical expertise and consulting services related to the design, development, enhancement, support, and testing of computer applications. The Senior IT Analyst will assume a leadership role in providing outstanding technical support to members of the district and college communities.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position, working 12 months per year, with an anticipated start date of October 12, 2020. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: District Information Systems department, located on the campus of West Valley College, Saratoga, CA.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $11,915$13,075 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 94, Steps A-C).
- Salary shown includes a 5% salary increase effective July 1, 2020.
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible journey experience similar to Information Technology Analyst with the West Valley-Mission Community College District.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, prioritize and review the work of staff assigned to a variety of technology systems.
- Develop schedules and methods to accomplish assignments ensuring work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in evaluating the activities of staff, recommending improvements and modifications.
- Provide and coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Determine requirements, design, build, test, implement, maintain and enhance complex technology and business systems related to area of assignment.
- Research available solutions and procure technology related equipment or services; research specifications and costs; research and prepare technical and administrative reports.
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that systems and programs are tested and debugged.
- Determine proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency.
- Analyze, detect, identify and correct complex technical problems and deficiencies; integrate complex systems for inter-operability over multiple platforms and technologies.
- Act as liaison between vendors, technical support and departments to resolve complex problems related to area of assignment.
- Participate on committees; answer questions and provide expertise related to area of assignment.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 7412174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency