- Procurement Technician
- Go to our website »
Salary: $50,081.00 - $61,593.00 Annually
Location: Districtwide, CA
Job Type: Permanent
Division: DO District Office
Job Number: 2023016
Closing: 4/4/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Contact: Personnel Commission
Phone number: 559-243-7100
Under general supervision, performs technical and administrative support duties for purchasing and contract administration functions covering a variety of equipment, supplies and services; enters purchase orders and creates vendors in system; interacts with existing vendors and suppliers regarding pricing and terms; validates and processes insurance certificates; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Receives, reviews and processes purchase and travel requisitions; verifies completeness and accuracy of item descriptions and pricing for requested hotels, conferences, air fare, products and services; verifies account codes and ensures appropriate authorizations are obtained; confers with departments to obtain additional required information and resolves questions regarding specifications.
- Creates purchase orders for approval and sends approved purchase orders to vendor for fulfillment; tracks materials delivery and contract compliance, and processes receipt of goods.
- Assists Buyers with activities relating to the purchase of a variety of materials, supplies, equipment, services and construction items including researching products and vendors, obtaining price quotes, determining availability and resolving routine vendor issues.
- Creates and maintains vendors in District vendor database; answers questions from potential vendors, suppliers and other District staff regarding District purchasing/contracting policies and procedures; validates all legally required forms and ensures independent contractor agreements are completed and entered into the system including W-9 and certificates of insurance and bonds; validates all vendor insurance is current and meets District risk management requirements.
- Performs reconciliations for credit card charges, field trips, advance payments, and travel and hotel reservations and charges.
- Maintains the District's fixed asset management system and records; obtains and records location, cost and commodity information to each asset tag number.
- Responds to questions regarding invoice, purchase order and payment procedures and the status of specific billings and payments; works with departments and employees to resolve issues regarding the application of District purchasing and contracting policies.
- Assists in assembling, distributing and tracking Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotations and other vendor solicitations.
- Maintains a variety of standard office and specialized records and files; creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases; extracts data and reports from multiple data sources and reconciles data entries and reports including those of other employees and departments.
- Drafts, formats, types, proofreads, edits and prints correspondence, forms, reports and schedules; prepares standardized contracts and rental agreements for signature and approval; routes documents for signature.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Monitors fuel card program; monitors purchasing card use for adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provides backup for other departments or division office administrative support staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Practices and techniques of community college purchasing, including competitive bidding procedures and maintenance of public records.
- District rules, codes, policies, procedures and practices for processing and recording purchase orders, accounts payable and related financial transactions.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including computers and applicable software programs.
- Business math.
- Customer service practices and telephone etiquette.
- District general accounting systems operations, practices and procedures.
- Practices and techniques of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- College and District organization, rules, policies and procedures applicable to departmental operations.
- District policies, procedures and rules regarding budgeting, purchasing and travel/training and expense reporting.
- Applicable sections of the California Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the assignment.
- Uses and operations of scanners, phone systems, computers, standard business software and database and spreadsheet applications.
- Make highly detailed comparisons, calculations and tabulations of financial data and review purchasing and accounting-related documents accurately and rapidly.
- Carry out work independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Organize, set priorities and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone.
- Prepare clear and accurate financial and statistical records and reports.
- Compose clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports, agreements and other written materials from brief instructions.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of District files and records.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Operate a computer and use standard business software.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
- Represent the District effectively to vendors, customers and the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and at least three years of progressively responsible financial recordkeeping or purchasing support duties; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
An associate degree in business accounting or a related field is desirable.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk and stand; and lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or transcripts (must include when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will include a competency assessment (40% weight) and an oral interview assessment (60% weight). Of those achieving a passing score on the competency assessment, only the most qualified candidates will be invited to the oral interview assessment. Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each assessment section.
TESTING TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED AS FOLLOWS:
Competency Assessment: April 13, 2023 (REMOTE)
Oral Interview Assessment: April 20, 2023 (REMOTE)
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Candidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed in rank order on a district wide Open-Competitive List. Using the same process, a separate Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. The current vacancy is at the District Office. The eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies for at least six months.
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3943138/procurement-technician
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-c4e07fa244c66740a274b076fb1b53b2