- PT Music Instructor
- Go to our website »
PT Music Instructor
PART-TIME MUSIC INSTRUCTOR
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received or last submitted.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Teach one or more courses in Vocal Performance, Instrumental Performance, Piano Performance, Guitar Performance, Mariachi Music Performance, Music History, Music Theory, Electronic Music, Songwriting, Conducting, or other classes within the Music discipline.
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for office hours, additional assignments, and professional development events.
1. Indoor, office environment.
2. Online/Remote Instruction, if teaching online classes.
1. Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
2. Vision sufficient to read various materials.
3. Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
4. Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
5. Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
6. Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
7. Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
8. Dexterity capable of efficiently rendering computer-based instruction as required by remote learning, if teaching online classes.
1. Master's in Music OR Bachelor's in Music AND Master's in Humanities OR the equivalent.
2. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Comprehensive information about Minimum Qualifications is at https://www.cccco.edu/About-Us/Chancellors-Office/Divisions/Educational-Services-and-Support/What-we-do/Educational-Programs-and-Professional-Development/Minimum-Qualifications, including the current Minimum Qualifications handbook.
Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/class-comp/b-salary-schedules.html
To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Equivalency documentation: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications, stated above, but you believe that you are qualified for the position by virtue of other training and experience you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. The form is available at http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/70?c=fhda
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency