Learning Management Associate
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a Learning Management Associate.
This position will provide academic and administrative technical support for the TMCC WebCollege. This includes coordination with TMCC and External IT entities to provide reliable service to students and faculty using TMCC WebCollege resources, coordination of WebCollege student technical support, and research, demonstration and training of emerging teaching technologies. This position will also conduct training to faculty and staff on related educational software.
1. Associate's Degree from an accredited institution and 2 years experience in computer technical support services or other related position, OR 4 years of related work experience.
1. Knowledge working with a learning management system
2. Advanced Knowledge in Microsoft Excel
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Administer the day to day operations of the TMCC WebCollege learning management system (Canvas)
2. Coordinate with TMCC IT department to maintain the integration between the learning management system and student information system-Oracle. Ensure Kaltura (video storage) is running and instructor and student videos are functional.
3. Provide technical support/training to students and faculty using WebCollege resources
4. Explore, develop, and implement ancillary software solutions and/or services in support of TMCC and department goals
5. Encourage, advise, train and assist faculty in their exploration and adoption of teaching technologies
6. Participates in unit-related planning and development of annual goals and objectives.
7. Develop, collect and maintain relevant data and documentation and assist in the development of WebCollege reports.
8. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
9. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits Information:
Salary: $38,456 - $48,070 salary placement will be dependent on education level and years of experience.
Perks of Working at TMCC
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- 15.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, a beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance, long-term disability, generous annual and sick leave - NSHE Benefits
- Sports and Fitness Center with annual or monthly membership options for employee and spouse/domestic partner.
- ComPsych supports employees through life's difficult moments.
- Professional Grant-in-Aid: TMCC is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
- Free parking on all TMCC campus locations.
- No State income tax
- All full-time faculty and staff are provided with a variety of discounts and employee purchase programs.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application.1) Resume/CV2) Cover Letter3) Contact Information for Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Learning-Management-Associate_R0132419-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d82f53be3a861e498eb56c2b0c102a0a