- Health Occupations Full-Time Instructor
- Go to our website »
Health Occupations Full-Time Instructor
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 4/9/2023
The Health Occupations Department at Mission College is now accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track instructor who shares our excitement for teaching and our commitment to excellence in education. We are looking for someone with a willingness to help our department grow and who will enjoy working with our diverse student body. Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, ability, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a linguistically and culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking someone who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment. Recognized as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, Mission College is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
Applicants interested in teaching within an energetic, student-centered culture that looks to the future would find Mission College a perfect fit.
This is a full-time, 11-month, tenure-track position that begins in Fall 2023. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA, as well as local area clinical agencies.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $78,560 to $122,259 annually (11 months), based upon academic achievement, teaching and related experience (Academic Salary Schedule, Steps 1-9).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Employer paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- Sabbatical, Rejuvenation and Retraining Leaves.
- Banked leave provisions.
- Professional Growth and Development activities.
- 11 days sick leave accrued annually; personal necessity and catastrophic leave.
- Conference leaves.
- Opportunity for overload assignments.
- Cal STRS Retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
1. An associate degree from an accredited college, with six years of work experience or bachelors degree from an accredited college with 2 years of work experience.
2. A clear and active license issued by the Board of Registered Nursing;
3. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation, in-class activities, evaluation of students work, consultation with students outside of class (scheduling time beyond normal office hours if necessary), ensuring regular effective student contact for Distance Education courses, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught and other efforts related to the teaching of the assigned classes, and participate in the process of SLO assessment and evaluation and use the results of these assessments in the process of continuously improving student learning.
- Maintain accurate class and other records.
- Submit, when due, all necessary reports, such as attendance, grade reports, rosters, class and office schedules.
- File a syllabus for each course with the appropriate division offices.
- Post and maintain office hours each week.
- Provide each student with a current course syllabus as required by Title 5, which includes SLOs, classroom procedures, requirements and grading policies and provide a copy to the Division Office.
- Refer students to appropriate college resources.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members area of expertise.
- Assume institutional responsibilities, essential to the ongoing operation and effective achievement of department, division, college and district programs.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency