Assistant I, Human Resources
Austin Community College
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a multicultural population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for populations including; first generation college students, low-income students, and students from underserved communities.
- Focused on student academic achievement and postgraduate outcomes
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Job Posting Title:
Assistant I, Human Resources
Job Description Summary:
This role will be responsible for processing unemployment claims and employee voluntary and involuntary terminations in accordance with College policy and state and federal regulations.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Respond to unemployment claims and inquiries from the state in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
2) Process employee terminations, end jobs and resignations in College enterprise system.
3) Represent the College at all unemployment hearings
4) Provide guidance and support to other HR team members on issues related to unemployment claims and terminations
5) Maintain accurate records related to filing of claims, terminations, appeals, etc.
6)Assists internal and external customers by responding to inquiries and/or providing information.
7) Performs clerical duties including data entry, handling correspondence, maintaining files, and processing mail.
8) Prepares and distributes correspondence and other written documents and/or reports.
4) Prepares job files for retention purposes and tracks employment paperwork.
5) Assists with the tracking and filing/scanning of faculty and staff transcripts for Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
6) May answers requests for employment verification.
8) Evaluates and prepares confidential files for scanning and may assist with document imaging and analysis of scanned records for clarity and accuracy.
9) Tracks and ensures exit checklists are received from supervisors in a timely manner.
10) May create, post, and advertise job vacancies.
11) May prepare handouts for new hire orientation.
12) May serve as back-up to Primary Recruiter and assist Hiring Managers with navigating candidates through the recruiting pipeline.
* Customer service principles and practices.
* Administrative support procedures, principles, and practices.
* Editing and proofreading techniques.
*General Human Resources processes
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Consistently maintaining work accuracy while working with ongoing deadlines.
* Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Exhibiting professionalism and ethical behavior.
* Excellent telephone manner.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Demonstrated experience working with confidential data.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
* Effectively using organizational skills, including exacting attention to detail and follow-through.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Customer service-orientation when working with a diverse population.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
* May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
* High school diploma or educational equivalent.
* Associate degree or higher.
Other Preferred Qualifications
* Experience working in a human resources office.
* Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
February 15, 2024
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
To apply, please visit: https://austincc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Austin-Community-College/Assistant-I--Human-Resources_R-4337
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency