- Assistant Director, Community and Contract Education (Restricted/Categorical Funding)
- Go to our website »
Assistant Director, Community and Contract Education (Restricted/Categorical Funding)
Position Number: CM-192-2022
Department: Community and Contract Education
Time (Percent Time):
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Monday - Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm
Salary Range: M-9
Salary: M-9Steps 1 - 6: $105,156 - $119,256 yearly
Shift Differential: Shift differential eligibility based on the current collective bargaining agreement.
Open Date: 03/14/2023
Initial Screening Date: 04/11/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on the listed Initial Screening Date are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed rsum that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. If applicable, College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Optional - Three letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Health & Welfare:
Mt. San Antonio College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package to eligible employees providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Lifetime medical benefits are also available for eligible retirees.
The College contributes an annual premium up to the family coverage amount for Kaiser Permanente $15 office visit medical, DeltaCare HMO dental, VSP vision and life insurance plans for eligible employees.
The District participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and National Benefit Services.
*Note: Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change. Please visit the Mt. San Antonio College Benefits Website for further information.
THIS POSITION IS FUNDED USING RESTRICTED/CATEGORICAL FUNDS.
Under administrative direction, assists in planning, organizing, managing, and providing administrative direction and oversight for major programs, functions, and activities of the Community and Contract Education Department. Promotes programs and services in community and contract education as well as testing/proctoring services. Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the department. Organizes and coordinates marketing and outreach efforts to attract and inform prospective clients of our programs and services. Assists in coordinating assigned activities with other College departments, staff, and outside agencies.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED & EXERCISED:
Receives general direction from the assigned managerial personnel. Exercises general and direct supervision over assigned staff.
This is an Assistant Director classification assigned to the Community and Contract Department. This class performs diverse, specialized, and complex work involving significant accountability and decision-making responsibility. Assists in planning, development, and administration of departmental policies, procedures, and services. Incumbents at this level are expected to be knowledgeable in all procedures related to the assigned area(s) of responsibility, able to work with a high degree of independent judgment, tact, and initiative. Successful performance of the work requires the knowledge of departmental and College activities and extensive student, faculty, and staff contact. This class is distinguished from the Director, Community and Contract Education, in that the latter has overall responsibility for all community and contract education programs, functions, and activities.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
- Assists in the management of the development of programs, services, and activities, including community education, and contract training; recommends changes.
- Assists in the coordination of departmental programs, services, and activities; provides input on schedules and methods for providing programs, services, and activities.
- Participates in the development and administration of the departments annual budgets and related funds; assists with the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; assists with the monitoring and approval of budget expenditures ensuring the appropriate use of funds; assists with the implementation of adjustments as necessary.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, and priorities related to the School of Continuing Education workforce development efforts.
- Assists with the selection, training, motivation, and direction of department assigned personnel; evaluates and reviews work for acceptability and conformance with department standards, including program and project priorities and performance evaluations; works with employees on performance issues; implements discipline procedures; responds to staff questions and concerns.
- Recommends, develops, and implements changes to federal, state, local, and College policy; analyzes and evaluates program compliance updating program as necessary.
- Works with staff and college partners to ensure development opportunities support pathways to college and careers.
- Seeks and develops new fee-based, community education, and contract training opportunities; delivers and evaluates operations, courses, and activities.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of course proposals for community education programs; conducts outreach activities to businesses; identifies and meets with prospect clients to discuss programs and services.
- Conducts a variety of analytical and operational studies regarding departmental and programmatic activities; prepares comprehensive technical records and reports, identifies alternatives, and makes and justifies recommendations.
- Develops, coordinates and maintains marketing efforts as it relates to the program.
- Participates on committees, task forces, and special assignments, including, but not limited to Screening and Selection Committees and affiliated trainings. Prepares and delivers oral presentations related to assigned areas if needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Community and contract education administrative principles and practices, including planning, goal setting, program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Workforce development principles and practices and their application to a wide variety of programs.
- Principles and practices of incumbent supervision, including work planning, assignment, review, and evaluation, and the training of staff in work procedures.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping, technical report writing, and preparation of correspondence and presentations.
- Procedures for planning, organizing, and coordinating a variety of outreach activities and events.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
- Techniques for effectively representing the College in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards, and internal controls for the assigned program areas.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate training topics as they relate to new trends in industry.
- Prepare and administer large and complex budgets; allocate limited resources in a cost effective manner.
- Effectively administer a variety of programs, projects, events, and administrative activities.
- Effectively represent the College in meetings with various educational, business, and professional organizations.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, policies, procedures, and other written materials.
- Interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, recordkeeping, and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Review situations accurately and determine appropriate course of action using judgment according to established policies and procedures; understand scope of authority in making independent decisions.
- Learns and applies emerging technologies, and, as necessary, to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from a regionally accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, management, marketing, economics or a related field and four (4) full-time equivalent years of responsible experience in community and contract education, or similar programs.
Additional full-time equivalent years of experience can be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis up to two (2) years.
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications is listed in the Minimum Qualifications section.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Incumbents work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Incumbents may interact with staff, students, and/or the public in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; to operate a motor vehicle and to visit various College and meeting sites; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Incumbents must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 20 pounds.
Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is required to be present on Mt. San Antonio Colleges campus to perform all essential duties and responsibilities.
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report.
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
LONG DISTANCE TRAVEL FOR INTERVIEWS: Should you be invited to an interview, please contact our office to discuss an accommodation option if attending the interview would require you to travel in excess of 150 miles one way from your residence.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.
1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399.
Phone: (909) 274-4225
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The start date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at Mt. SAC Employment Website to complete and submit your application for this position.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay, or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/10437
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency