Advanced Manufacturing Instructor
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada, is seeking applicants for a grant funded, non-tenure-track, Advanced Manufacturing Instructor. ***This position is contingent upon funding.
1. Associate's degree in Advanced Manufacturing, Industrial Controls, or closely related field from an accredited institution.
*Degree may be substituted with equivalent academic preparation and an additional two years of professional experience.
2. Six months working in an advanced manufacturing training or industrial environment.
3. Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers.
4. Familiarity with industrial robots.
1. Bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in Industrial Systems, Advanced Manufacturing, Robotics, or closely related technical field.
2. Two years of teaching experience in industrial technologies, or closely related field at the secondary or post-secondary level, or training experience in a related environment.
3. Experience in teaching, design, installation, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical (AC-Dc), pneumatic, hydraulic, PLC, and robotics systems.
4. Greater than six months of professional experience in manufacturing training or industrial environment.
5. Experience with industrial measuring equipment.
6. Experience with a Learning Management System.
Academic Faculty Responsibilities:
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and a respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Teach 30 (15/15) credit or contact hours during the academic year, August through May, in various modalities as assigned, including in-person, hybrid, online, and live-virtual (hy-flex).
2. Demonstrate awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion issues. Maintain sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, as well as disabilities, of students, faculty, and staff.
3. Support student learning outcomes assessment processes by teaching toward approved student learning outcomes and assessing student performance.
4. Assist with curriculum and program review, revision, and assessment. Aid in the development of new course materials and innovative instructional techniques that improve student learning.
5. Work closely with department peers and administrators to become an effective teacher and contributing member of the academic unit.
6. Attend and actively participate in college events, department and division meetings, college or Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) committees, and community service activities.
7. Engage in ongoing professional development to stay current in field knowledge and pedagogies that expand breadth and depth of understanding in the discipline.
8. Complete training outlined in TMCC's Faculty Standards of Online Instruction, when and as needed.
9. Hold 5 office-hours per week.
10. Participate in student advising, recruitment, and retention efforts.
11. Travel occasionally to community and workforce sites, conferences, events, and so on, per the needs of the program.
12. Communicate and interact in a professional and collegial manner with faculty, students, staff, and administration, in the best interests of the college and the people it serves.
13. Comply with departmental administrative responsibilities and published college and NSHE policies and procedures.
14. Uphold the Mission, Vision, and Values of TMCC and perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with them.
15. Adhere to the published codes of NSHE as detailed in the Board of Regents Handbook.
16. Adhere to the Code of Ethical Standards of the State of Nevada (Nevada Revised Statutes 281A.400-281A.480).
17. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Program and Department Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the department's culture of teaching and mentoring part-time faculty.
2. Collaborate with part-time faculty in advanced manufacturing to maintain consistent curriculum and coordinate course and program assessment.
3. Engage in scholarly activity related to improving student learning including tasks such as implementing new research validated pedagogical strategies, conducting and publishing curriculum specific education research, and/or submitting grants to develop new programs or fund student projects.
4. Work with advanced manufacturing faculty to maintain and update appropriate lab materials as needed.
5. Serve on the Advanced Manufacturing Advisory Committee.
Salary and Benefits Information:
Salary: $37,353 - $67,078 initial salary placement will be dependent on education level and years of experience.
Perks of Working at TMCC
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- 15.5% retirement match, a beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance, long-term disability, generous annual and sick leave - NSHE Benefits
- Sports and Fitness Center with annual or monthly membership options for employee and spouse/domestic partner.
- ComPsych supports employees through life's difficult moments.
- Professional Grant-in-Aid: TMCC is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
- Free parking on all TMCC campus locations.
- No State income tax
- All full-time faculty and staff are provided with a variety of discounts and employee purchase programs.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact email@example.com.
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application.
2) Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.
4) Copy of Unofficial Transcript
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Applied-Technology-Center/Advanced-Manufacturing-Instructor_R0134048-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-012b0cc52574b54b9bcf51408224d4a3