Salary: $111,444.00 - $140,184.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: Web-Admin-2022
Closing: 1/2/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Norwalk, CA
Division: Public Affairs
Equity and Diversity
The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal opportunity employment. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, procedures or practices. In fact, the college encourages applications from all segments of qualified people.
Cerritos College is ranked 14th among the top 100 schools with the highest Hispanic enrollment in the United States by the United States Department of Education. We are a comprehensive community college for southeastern Los Angeles County. Communities within the college's district include Artesia, Bellflower, Cerritos, Downey, Hawaiian Gardens, La Mirada, Norwalk, and portions of Bell Gardens, Lakewood, Long Beach, Santa Fe Springs and South Gate. Cerritos College offers degrees and certificates in more than 180 areas of study in nine divisions. Enrollment currently averages approximately 22,500 students. Visit Cerritos College online at http://www.cerritos.edu.
The Office of College Relations, Public Affairs and Governmental Relations is a fast-paced department that cultivates the overall representation of the campus. The Public Affairs Office reports directly to the president, and is responsible for directing all aspects of communication to internal and external campus stakeholders. The Office works directly with the media, manages the website, develops advertising and marketing campaigns, cultivates relationships with government and local officials, among other key functions
Plans, supervises, assesses, and evaluates the College's web presence and web authoring presence. Works in conjunction with the College Committee on Web Standards, faculty, administrators, and staff to identify and develop user specifications, display standards, and templates or structures that guide application development and assist users to update web content within established standards. Oversees and provides support, training, and service to web content editors and users of internet services. The position also provides complex administrative support to the Director, College Relations, Public Affairs, and Governmental Relations.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Web Administrator reports to the Director, College Relations, Public Affairs, and Governmental Relations and is responsible for using computer languages and software to formulate, devise, test, debug, and uphold the information architecture and technical foundation for College web sites. The Web Administrator manages all staff assisting in maintaining quality web usefulness and functioning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees, maintains, develops, and designs the College's website and all related technical operations.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise in web design and development; participates in professional conferences, workshops, and industry groups related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Monitors site security; reports suspected or actual security breaches and denial of service attaches to appropriate staff.
- Develops and maintains web site operating procedures and protocols, and planning and design, including but not limited to, configuring browser parameters to control file caching, font mapping, Multi-Purpose Internet Mail Exchange awareness, and application launching and use.
- Determines appropriate data compression techniques, resolutions, sizes, color maps, and depths to ensure that images and synthesized graphics are delivered at sufficient speed and quality for optimum output.
- Responsible for insuring accuracy of print and online publications related to the area of responsibility.
- Performs scripting and programming of web site features and applications in languages appropriate for web browsing (e.g., HTML, VBScript, Java Script) and transaction applications.
- Uploads, coordinates, writes, updates, and maintains internet and intranet web pages containing text and graphics that are accessed through the College's web site.
- Facilitates discussions with administrators, faculty, and staff to identify user specifications, display standards, graphics, and templates or structures that guide application development for greater utility and functionality of users.
- Ensures that the content of web pages remains current, accurate, and consistent including navigation design, graphical design, testing and maintenance, and quality assurance.
- Assists, trains, and supports web authors and users with training sessions and written documentation and manuals.
- Promotes the use of the College's web site for distributing information, marketing the College, and providing numerous services to administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Meets with staff to ensure high quality web and technical support including, but not limited to, reviewing work assignments, discussing work progress, devising strategies for implementing new work and processes, receiving updates, discussing schedules, managing training sessions, and writing training documents.
- Leads, supervises, trains and evaluates assigned personnel. Certifies payroll for assigned personnel. Applies the terms and provisions of applicable collective bargaining agreements; state and federal laws; and District Board Policies and Administrative Procedures in personnel matters.
- Meets and consults with the College Committee on Web Standards, DSPS, Assistive Technology, and IT to formulate and ensure implementation of and compliance with standards.
- Educates web authors, administrators, faculty, and employees regarding state, federal, and organizational standards.
- Participates on and chairs committees, task forces, and special assignments.
- Maintains currency of knowledge and skills related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Education and Experience
Minimum Qualifications for Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, graphic design, or related field and three years of experience in a related field OR a master's degree in a related field and two years of experience in a related field. Additional related experience may be substituted for post-secondary education. Understanding of and sensitivity to meeting the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of the student, community, and employee population.
Knowledge and Skills
The position requires professional knowledge of:
- Development, maintenance and administration of a budget.
- Philosophy and objectives of the community college.
- Principles of functional leadership, training and performance evaluation.
- Pertinent federal and state laws and regulations.
- Learning and student success process, assessment, student learning outcomes, learning communities and application of technology.
- Strategic planning in organization and management practices, assessment, analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and administrative needs.
- Principles and techniques of web site applications, design, management, and development.
- Computer languages, software, database programming, graphics production, photography, and audio/video applications.
- Software browsers such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Web server administration, files system maintenance techniques, and indexing and file conversion techniques.
- Software such as FrontPage, Dreamweaver, Sharepoint Designer, Oracle/PeopleSoft Portal, Adobe Acrobat, Mac, and PC operating systems.
- Developing assessment, teaching, and learning processes that enhance student success and outcomes.
- Organizing work and building an effective team to meet the needs of the assigned areas.
- Oral and written language sufficient to prepare reports and professional correspondence.
- Human relations/interpersonal skills to conduct performance reviews, deliver presentations, and convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Programming and scripting languages used for web site construction such as, but not limited to C/C++, Practical Extraction and Reporting Language, Java, HTML, ASP, VRML, CGI, XML, Java Script, Visual Basic, and VB Script.
This position requires the ability to:
- Learn, interpret, and ensure compliance with state and federal laws, Title 5, and other federal and state regulations as related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Be open to change and new methods in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Continuously engage in learning and self-improvement.
- Meet change with innovation to promote and meet the college mission.
- Meet change with innovation to promote and meet the college mission.
- Organize, plan, develop, and write new programs, develop new concepts, analyze outcomes, and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Guide and direct others in goal achievement.
- Direct and facilitate development of personal and team perspectives, and develop and deliver training programs.
- Work cooperatively and productively with internal and external constituencies.
- Advocate for shared governance, collegiality, staff cohesiveness and for the core values of the institution.
- Use programming and scripting languages relevant to the position.
- Use a variety of computers and peripheral equipment.
- Use photography, and audio and video production equipment.
- Analyze technical problems and to develop and apply appropriate solutions.
- Create and edit web page text and graphics.
- Discuss technical information with users in order to discern their technological needs and develop appropriate response to their needs.
This position requires the physical ability to:
- Function in an office environment performing work of primarily a sedentary nature with some requirement to move about campus and to off-campus locales.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and copy printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with members of the campus community. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to recognize printed material (printed or online) for more than 50% of the work time.
- Requires the ability to lift, push, and pull objects of medium weight (less than 30 lbs.) on an occasional basis with or without accommodation.
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends, and split schedules.
May require a valid driver's license.
Work is performed indoors where minimal safety considerations exist.
Documents needed to apply
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts (Must show all coursework completed and conferral date of the degree)
Application materials must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants who need special services or facilities due to disability in order to apply or interview for this position must notify Human Resources at the time of application or at least 72 hours prior to the closing date or date of a scheduled interview.
This is a full-time 12-calendar month classified manager position. Employment is to be effective as soon as possible following completion of the selection process. Individual who is offered employment shall be required to obtain fingerprints for a criminal history clearance through the State Department of Justice and remit the required fee for processing the fingerprints, Federal Bureau of Investigation (no fee if obtained at Cerritos College Campus Police Station), produce an original social security card, and submit negative TB test results (must be within the past four years or within the last 60 days if not previously employed in a school district in California) before employment.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States and signing of loyalty oath per Government Codes 3100-3109. Please note - the District does not provide for immigration sponsorships such as H1B Visas.
An annual stipend of $3,146 shall be provided to management employees with an earned doctorate degree.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cerritosedu/jobs/3801001/web-administrator
The District ensures that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity, and are not subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. .
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-8fe307f7623e8543800ed0ffb2a3fbea