This ad is expired.
Student Services Technician
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 5/31/2023
Position Number: 011735, 011736
Location: San Diego Mesa College
Position Type: Classified
From San Diego Mesa College President Ashanti Hands:
San Diego Mesa College seeks energetic, student oriented and dedicated candidates to apply for classified positions. The College is committed to academic excellence and diversity, equity and inclusion among its faculty, staff, and students. As the "Leading College of Equity & Excellence", we take responsibility for equitable outcomes and work together to create successful pathways for all of our students.
As the largest college in the San Diego Community College District, the institution enjoys a solid financial standing, state of the art facilities, and a world-class faculty and staff. For 59 years, Mesa College has been on the leading edge, from offering a Community College Bachelor's Degree, to the number of students transferred and graduating with an Associate Degree.
We are adding new staff, faculty and administrators who, alongside our stellar colleagues, will lead us into the future. Candidates who believe that they can demonstrate a commitment to equity and excellence by creating the conditions that matter for our students to succeed are encouraged to apply.
Applications are currently being accepted for two (2) Student Services Technicians in the Counseling Department, located at San Diego Mesa College. Hours are Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 5:00pm, Friday: 7:30am - 11:30pm, Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 6:00pm, Friday: 9:00am - 1:00pm. Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs.
- Assist and support General Counseling and special programs.
- Provide technical assistance to students regarding standards of academic progress and follow-up services.
- Assist students with pre-registration services, enrollment planning, and education planning as prescribed by the Counseling Department.
- Assist the coordination of Student Success Programs and Student Equity and Achievement components including orientation, and follow-up.
- Provide technical support to counseling faculty, instructional faculty, and administrators with workshops, presentations, classroom visits, and preparation for meetings.
- Review unofficial transcripts and other college documents utilized in accordance with policies and procedures related to prerequisites and course enrollment.
- Work with counseling faculty to ensure that students scheduled for counseling appointments are fully prepared for their session to optimize the student's appointment time.
- Assist students as they enter and progress toward completion of their education goals by interpreting policies, procedures, regulations, guidelines, and program requirements as stated in the college catalog.
- Provide students with assistance concerning enrollment priorities, admissions requirements, and elements of the pathways to support student success.
- Assist with preparation of materials to be shared with students during information sessions to explain requirements and pathways.
- Compile data and prepare reports.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
- Academic policies and procedures.
- Rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the counseling, admissions, and records office. Admissions, enrollment, and transfer requirements.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including microcomputer and mainframe computer terminal.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- District organization, operations, policies and objectives. Applicable sections of State Education Codes and other laws. Record-keeping techniques.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Interpret and explain rules, regulations, procedures, policies and catalogs regarding student admission, transcript evaluation, prerequisite requirements and special regulations.
- Perform difficult and technical records evaluation duties.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Operate a microcomputer and a mainframe computer terminal.
- Update files and records on-line. Work confidentially with discretion.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Maintain confidential and complex files and records. Perform math calculations quickly and accurately.
- Train and furnish work direction to others. Work with minimal supervision.
- Work independently with little direction. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Compile data and prepare reports.
- Type at 40 words per minute.
- Compile data and prepare statistical reports.
- Assist program directors with planning and improvement of procedure.
- Initiate actions and apply necessary department resources to accomplish tasks.
Training and Experience:
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to: graduation from high school and four years of increasingly responsible experience in a college or District-level admissions and records office involving interpretation and application of rules and regulations.
Range 23 ($4,104.63- $6,551.93) per month based on the current Classified salary schedule. New employees will begin on Step A ($4,104.63), Step B ($4,309.87) with 18 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience or up to Step C ($4,525.36) with 36 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience. For purposes of salary placement, 7.5 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of directly related coursework from a regularly accredited institution will be equivalent to one (1) year of job experience. Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA. This position is FLSA Non-exempt (may accrue overtime). Excellent Benefits are provided to all Contract employees with assignments greater than, or equal to, 50% (0.50 FTE) and all eligible dependents. A temporary probationary period will apply to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements/handbooks and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency