- Program Support Technician
- Go to our website »
Program Support Technician
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 4/3/2023
Position Number: 00120431
Location: San Diego City College
Position Type: Classified
Applications are currently being accepted for Program Support Technician in the Title III HSI STEM grant "Yo Soy STEM", located at San Diego City College. Hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday. Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
- Procedures, policies, rules, and practices affecting the development, maintenance, and control of budgeting and accounting systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office, with skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- PeopleSoft experience and Website editing desirable.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment including computer hardware and software.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary; Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, diplomacy, and courtesy.
- Operations, procedures, and confidential rules of the particular office or program to which assigned.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Accounts payable/receivable accounting; digital record-keeping techniques.
- Travel accommodations including flight, hotel, conference, and travel-related expenditures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Learn and interpret specific rules, laws, and policies and apply them in various procedural situations.
- Operate a variety of office machines and equipment, including computer hardware and software.
- Perform clerical work with accuracy, speed, and initiative.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Maintain confidential records and files, and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Work independently, meet strict deadlines, and adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service.
- Relate effectively with people from varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Range 23 ($4,104.63- $6,551.93) per month based on the current Classified salary schedule. New employees will begin on Step A ($4,104.63), Step B ($4,309.87) with 18 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience or up to Step C ($4,525.36) with 36 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience. For purposes of salary placement, 7.5 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of directly related coursework from a regularly accredited institution will be equivalent to one (1) year of job experience. Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA. This position is FLSA Non-exempt (may accrue overtime). Excellent Benefits are provided to all Contract employees with assignments greater than, or equal to, 50% (0.50 FTE) and all eligible dependents. A temporary probationary period will apply to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements/handbooks and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency