PART-TIME Counselor, Career Technical Education (CTE)
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received or last submitted.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In accordance with the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2008, the counselors will deliver core services as their primary duties and responsibilities.
- Conduct general information sessions about CTE program offerings in assigned division
- Assessment (evaluation of placement scores, course placement, transcripts, prerequisite clearance)
- Counseling/Advising and other education planning services
- Follow-up for at-risk students
- Assist students with degree audits and applications for certificate and degree awards
- Provide student referrals for other counseling, advising, and student support services (DSPS, EDC, EOPS, CalWORKs, Student Success Center, etc.)
The delivery of core services should occur via multiple modalities: in-person, online, individual and group meetings, workshops and other innovative ways.
Assist CTE program students in clarifying academic goals and selecting a major and maintaining enrollment priority. Work collaboratively with the Foothill-De Anza College Community College District CTE program department chairs and coordinators, the Counseling Division, and the Office of Outreach and Relations with Schools. Develop other relevant liaisons and networks with on- and off-campus programs and agencies. Monitor and track students' academic progress to ensure attainment of educational goal. Facilitate small and large-group workshops to explain degree audit process. Review and approve CTE program students' applications for certificate and associate degree awards. Provide CTE program students general information about available A.A.-T/.A.S.-T programs, the transfer process, and GE Certification.
Foothill-De Anza College Community College District is a fast-paced, student centered, innovative environment that strategically supports student success and achievement. The college seeks to employ counselors who are willing and able to implement the Six Factors that Support Student Achievement as outlined by the California Community College Research and Planning Group. Six Factors that Support Student Achievement:
- Directedstudents have a goal and know how to achieve it
- Focusedstudents stay on track, keeping their eyes on the prize
- Nurturedstudents feel somebody wants and helps them to succeed
- Engagedstudents actively participate in class and extra-curricular activities
- Connectedstudents feel like they are part of the college community
- Valuedstudents' skills, talents, abilities and experiences are recognized; they have opportunities to contribute on campus and feel ?their contributions are appreciated.
The counselor will be working with students enrolled in career technical education (CTE) programs housed in various divisions. The position will report to an assigned Division Dean.
- Indoor, office environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of community college students.
- Master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling from an accredited college or university OR Bachelor's degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a California license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
- Ability and willingness to work with students pursuing career technical education (CTE) programs, including Special Populations and other underrepresented student groups.
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of CTE program offerings and associated occupations aligned with these programs.
SCHEDULED HOURS: Mondays - 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM and Tuesdays and Wednesdays - 12:30 to 6:30 PM (subject to change to accommodate needs of assigned programs)
Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_faculty-information.html
To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/9?c=fhda
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency