Rancho Santiago Community College District
Salary Range: $44,459.99 - $59,285.01, depending upon education.
Job Type: 212-Day Contract Time
Job Number: AC23-00720
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Division: DO Educational Services
Closing: 10/12/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
Under general direction, assumes full responsibility for planning, supervising, and evaluating the daily program activities of a group of 6 months - 5 year old children, communicating to the families of these children, and supervising the classroom teaching team. Plans, supervises, and evaluates daily program activities of children; plans, implements, and cleans up assigned areas; executes and maintains assessment records on children's development, conducts conferences; attends weekly staff meetings; leads team meetings; work with and mentors college practicum students; performs other duties as assigned. This class reports to the Child Development Center Director. This class supervises teachers, interns, aides, student assistants, college students, and volunteers.
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
- Possess a Child Development Master Teacher Permit. Requirements for this permit include completion of twenty-four semester units of course work in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, including 3 units of Infant/Toddler Development Program plus 16 units in general education, and six additional semester units in the area of specialization and two semester units of adult supervision course work; completion of 350 days of experience in an instructional capacity in a child care and development program, working at least three hours per day within the last four years; OR
- Completion of a bachelor's degree or higher with twelve or more semester units of early childhood education, or child development course work plus three units supervised field experience in an early childhood education setting; minimum 350 days experience in a child care and development program; OR
- Completion of equivalent training approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- A tuberculosis (TB) clearance, physical examination, and fingerprint clearance.
- Provide official records of vaccination or immunity to Influenza, Pertussis, and Measles.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish.
- AA degree with four years of experience or BA degree with two years of experience. Completion of 6 infant/toddler units.
ABOUT RANCHO SANTIAGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is one of the most established districts in the state and has been in operation for nearly 50 years. Located in the heart of Orange County, it is one of the largest of California's 72 community college districts, based on the number of credit and non-credit students. RSCCD encompasses 25 percent of Orange County's total area and serves a population of more than 700,000 residents in the communities of Anaheim Hills, Orange, Santa Ana, Villa Park, and portions of Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Tustin, and Yorba Linda. The District includes Santiago Canyon College and Santa Ana College, as well as the Centennial and Orange Continuing Education Centers, the Digital Media Center, Joint Powers Fire Training Center, the Orange County Sheriff's Regional Training Academy, the College and Workforce Preparation Center, and the District Operations Center. RSCCD's three (3) auxiliary Foundations are actively involved in supporting both community and campus programs.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is committed to the concept and principles of staff diversity and equal employment opportunity by prohibiting discrimination based on ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Applications from all persons interested in the position are encouraged.
Application ScreeningIn addition to the specific requirements and responsibilities listed, the following criteria will be considered in selecting candidates for interviews:
- Educational experience breadth and depth
- Work experience breadth and depth
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Curriculum development
- Program development
- Community involvement
- Demonstrated experience in working with a diverse socioeconomic community
- Credential or minimum qualifications authorizing service in other areas of need
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Bilingual ability (if needed)
Meeting the position's minimum requirements does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Candidate qualifications will be assessed to determine those who meet and exceed requirements and are deemed the most competitive in the applicant pool. InterviewApplicants selected for an interview may be required to take additional tests or assessments and will be notified of such prior to the date of the interview. During the oral session, those selected for interviews will, in addition to the above, also be evaluated on the following factors:
- Oral communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Successful teaching, problem-solving, or performance demonstration
- Writing skills/demonstration
A Complete Application Packet Must Include the Following:
- RSCCD Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Resume - details all relevant education, training, and other work experience
- Academic Transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted)
Travel reimbursement is available to those meeting the established district criteria.
Foreign Transcripts: Education completed outside of the United States must be equivalent to that gained in the conventional/accredited United States education programs to be considered for the satisfaction of minimum qualifications. The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), a United States-based credentials evaluation service, must translate and evaluate Foreign transcripts.
Conditions of EmploymentSelected candidate(s) is required to complete the following prior to employment as part of the onboarding process:
- Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States (by in-person appointment in People & Culture)
- Provide a certificate of Tuberculosis Exam
- Fingerprints (by a Live Scan Agency at the candidate's expense, and clearance must be received before the first day of employment)
- Submit official transcripts
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/rsccd/jobs/4205482/master-teacher
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency