This ad is expired.
Hospitality/Culinary-Fashion: Contract Instructor-Noncredit
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 6/30/2022
Position Number: 00120371
Location: Continuing Education
Position Type: Academic
The San Diego Community College District is accepting applications for a College of Continuing Education Instructor, Hospitality Culinary/Baking and Pastry 100%, 10-month assignment. The current vacancy exists in the College of Continuing Education and applicants should understand that they may be assigned to any College of Continuing Education campus. Assignments may include day, evening, and/or weekend hours. (This may be a split assignment)
Applications accepted for this position may be considered for identical vacancies that occur throughout the College of Continuing Education during the current academic year. The College of Continuing Education campuses offer adults the opportunity to renew their learning experiences through noncredit vocational, basic skills, life skills and enrichment classes throughout the city of San Diego.
Under the direction of a Dean, the College of Continuing Education Instructor teaches courses as assigned in accordance with the catalog descriptions and course outlines. The Instructor uses a variety of teaching methodologies in a structured class as well as in an open-entry/open-exit environment. The assignment includes: evaluating student progress to meet accountability standards; establishing effective working relationships with students of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds; participating in curriculum design; developing teaching materials; assisting in planning and organizing program activities; implementing District policies, regulations, and procedures; demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills; serving on shared governance committees (e.g., hiring, Student Success, Academic Senate); participating in program review; using technology to deliver instruction and to prepare instructional materials; and participating in professional development activities on a regular basis (e.g., staff development, peer-coaching).
Applicants for this position must show evidence of one (1) of the following:
- A Bachelors degree and two (2) years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught; OR,
- An Associate degree and six (6) years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught; OR,
- Possession of a full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in the subject matter.
- Professional work experience in the culinary arts industry and demonstrated mastery in technical culinary skills, especially in the baking and pastry arts.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience related to Culinary and Pastry Arts at a community college, adult career educational training program, and/or accredited culinary school.
- Currently holds a valid ServSafe certification and/or San Diego County Food Managers card.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching lecture and laboratory Culinary Arts courses, savory and/or pastry, and has experience working with various learning modalities (in-person, hybrid, hyflex, and fully online).
- Successful experience teaching online through current learning management systems (e.g., Blackboard, Canvas) to support and improve student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience making data-informed decisions for instructional and programmatic improvement and planning.
- Knowledge of the current and emerging trends in the Hospitality and Culinary Arts industry.
- Experience in planning and executing professional development related to the discipline.
- Experience representing departmental interests on institutional/district committees and district-related activities.
- Demonstrated experience providing departmental leadership through various program activities and initiatives. Required work in this area includes development and implementation of program curriculum, establishing and nurturing industry partnerships, and development of work-based learning activities to implement in course curriculum.
- Effective socio-emotional communication skills that demonstrate empathetic interactions with students, colleagues, and community partners.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of working with students of great diversity in socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background, including those with various levels of academic preparations and varying physical and learning abilities.
Full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in the subject matter
Class 0, Step A - Class 6, Step C ($5,740.38- $8,128.98) per month based on the current AFT - Continuing Education Faculty Salary Schedule.
Initial salary placement for this Adult Instructor is commensurate with required education and related teaching experience as outlined in section A2.1 of the AFT Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement and it is non-negotiable. The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid medical, dental, vision plans, sick leave, and opportunities for professional development. This position is FLSA Exempt and may not accrue overtime. Benefits will be provided under the terms of the AFT-Guild, Local 1931 - Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement. Annual Salaries will be recalculated for service less than a full academic year based on Education Code 87815, any required adjustment will be made with-in the first pay period. Travel reimbursement for interviewees traveling more than 200 miles, one-way, may be paid according to geographic location (see SDCCD Travel Stipend Policy, Rev 7/14/2011). Typically, Adult Instructors earn tenure after 4 years. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency