Financial Aid Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking candidates for a Financial Aid Coordinator
The Financial Aid Coordinator position is responsible for the TMCC Federal Direct Loan Program in the office of the Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Student Employment. Program responsibility for the loan program includes policy development, review and implementation both from a federally mandated and institutional perspective. This position is responsible for staying abreast of all changes in regulations and ensuring that TMCC remains in full compliance with Title IV regulations. This position is responsible for the training of other staff, both internally and externally (i.e., Controller's Office) regarding updates and changes to the loan program's policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for the processing of Title IV returns and private loans, and will serve as the Student Loan Default Management and Prevention Specialist. The incumbent must be able to work with a diverse student population and maintain sensitivity to the needs and concerns of students and community members who serve high school students and potential TMCC students. A strong knowledge of financial aid regulations and procedures is important, and the ability to learn quickly and absorb complex information. Strong analytical and communication skills are needed.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
2. Two years experience in money management including account reconciliations.
1. Two years experience working in a financial aid office in a higher education institution.
2. Experience with PeopleSoft.
3. Bilingual skills.
4. Two years overseeing a component of financial aid operation.
5. Direct experience working in a student loan program at a college or university, to include
experience in all student loan areas mentioned in the responsibilities section of this
a. Experience working with the Direct Loan Program
b. Experience working with loan servicers
c. Experience working with and knowledge of financial aid programs- needs analysis, verification, and packaging using an automated system.
6. Knowledge of current federal financial aid regulations.
7. Demonstrated computer literacy to include:
a. Use of communication links via the internet with outside (federal, state, and private) funding sources.
b. Data processing skills
c. Working knowledge of the PeopleSoft application or similar.
Salary and Benefits Information:
Salary: $49,076 - $61,345 salary placement will be dependent on education level and years of experience.
Perks of Working at TMCC
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- 15.5% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, a beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance, long-term disability, generous annual and sick leave - NSHE Benefits
- Sports and Fitness Center with annual or monthly membership options for employee and spouse/domestic partner.
- ComPsych supports employees through life's difficult moments.
- Professional Grant-in-Aid: TMCC is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
- Free parking on all TMCC campus locations.
- No State income tax
- All full-time faculty and staff are provided with a variety of discounts and employee purchase programs.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact email@example.com.
In order to be given full consideration all of the following must be attached to your application.1) Resume/CV2) Cover Letter3) Contact Information for Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Financial-Aid-Coordinator_R0132421-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-dd56dd529f8b404ead723f3f8c550913