This ad is expired.
Equipment Repair Technician II
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 10/24/2023
Position Number: 000824
Position Type: Classified
Applications are currently being accepted for Equipment Repair Technician II in the (Equipment Repair), located at (DSC/Facilities Services). Hours are (M-F 6:30am - 3:00pm). Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
- Custom design and fabrication of equipment parts, signs, and structures.
- Methods, materials, and equipment used in maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery.
- Operation and use of computers and basic software applications necessary for area of specialty.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Principles of construction and operation of a variety of manual and electric equipment and motors.
- Reading and writing communications skills.
- Variety of vehicles, machinery, equipment, professional hand and power tools, and equipment.
- Welding materials, equipment, and machines.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Customize, design, and fabricate equipment parts.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Estimate labor and material costs.
- Fabricate equipment, machinery parts, and signs.
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Make simple arithmetic calculations.
- Operate a district vehicle efficiently and safely.
- Operate a variety of vehicles, machinery, equipment, professional hand and power tools, and equipment efficiently and safely.
- Weld various types of materials.
- Work from plans, blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
Range 31 ($5,424.79- $8,659.20) per month based on the current Classified salary schedule. New employees will begin on Step A ($5,424.79), Step B ($5,696.03) with 18 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience or up to Step C ($5,980.83) with 36 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience. For purposes of salary placement, 7.5 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of directly related coursework from a regularly accredited institution will be equivalent to one (1) year of job experience. Step C is the maximum step placement for a new hire, and this is non-negotiable at this time. Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA. This position is FLSA Non-exempt (may accrue overtime). Excellent Benefits are provided to all Contract employees with assignments greater than, or equal to, 50% (0.50 FTE) and all eligible dependents. A temporary probationary period will apply to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements/handbooks and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency