This ad is expired.
District Enrollment Management Analyst - EXTENDED
Salary: $71,280.00 - $87,666.00 Annually
Location: SCCCD District Office - Fresno, CA
Job Type: $ATS$JobTypeJobType
Division: DO Educational Services & Institutional Effectiveness
Job Number: 2022053
Closing: 8/23/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, plans and performs complex data analysis; performs project management duties for a portfolio of Enrollment Management studies and state and federal reports; coordinates, extracts, prepares and presents data, reports and makes recommendations in order to communicate data for others to understand outcomes and make decisions; may serve as a technical expert in various software. Performs complex and technical duties in support of the District's Admissions and Records process and related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Extracts, coordinates, prepares, analyzes, and reconciles data and information related to state and federal reporting, enrollment management, student demographics and outcomes, and other relevant data; verifies the integrity of the data within the student information system to submit state and federal reports and other districtwide compliance reports.
- Collects, compiles, describes, organizes, analyzes, interprets, and presents data and information related to enrollment management by creating queries and utilizing various types of software such as Microsoft Access, SQL and Ellucian.
- Assists in the development and recommendation of annual enrollment goals and annual action plan to reach those goals.
- Conducts complex research studies related but not limited to enrollment management, retention, matriculation, weekly contact hours, student and community characteristics, and student achievement.
- Serves as an advanced functional expert for statistical software programs and modules and college databases; in collaboration with the information systems department, manages software and system user testing and may oversee software licensing; ensures the accuracy of data prior to submission to state and federal reporting agencies, accrediting bodies and other organizations as needed.
- Analyzes and develops data elements, databases and business practices related to the collection of student data; validates the consistency of data across programs, departments and throughout the District; generates complex data sets required for grant applications and reporting.
- Designs, implements, and maintains specialized databases to facilitate research and planning activities related to enrollment management and admissions & records.
- Participates on and provides research assistance to college and District committees and ad hoc groups in relation to enrollment management and state and federal reporting; prepares reports, presentations and plans to assist in decision making and process improvement to improve student access and institutional effectiveness; provides training and works closely with college and district departments and staff to reconcile and validate data for submission.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to college staff, faculty and administrators in clarification and application of District and California Education Code regulations and Admissions & Records guidelines, procedures and policies including enrollment, course registration, requirements and procedures; assists with the resolution of escalated issues not resolved at the college level.
- Conducts testing in the Student Information System test accounts involving new software patches in relation to MIS data creation and process changes.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends changes to procedures and systems related to the collection, reporting, and dissemination of enrollment information.
- Audits and reconciles student supporting documentation; rotates application documents and follows established District policies and procedures for destruction of documents as needed; maintains and ensures the confidentiality of all student documents and records in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and established District policies and procedures.
- Provides input in selecting, training and providing day-to-day lead work guidance and direction to other staff; assigns, schedules and monitors work for completeness, accuracy and conformance with District, department and legal/regulatory requirements and standards; monitors workflow to ensure mandated deadlines are being met in an optimal manner; provides information, instruction and training on work procedures and technical, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides input to supervisor on employee work performance and behaviors; assists in ensuring a fair, open and inclusive work environment in accordance with the District's mission, goals and values.
- Maintains current knowledge of, and ensures compliance with, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to admissions and records, enrollment management, curriculum, and privacy such as apportionment regulations, Title V, Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Education Code.
- Stays abreast of new trends, emerging technologies, and innovations regarding enrollment management, admissions and records, research, education, regulation, business, community, and student characteristics as appropriate to the District.
- Serves on committees and represents the District at local, regional, state and national conferences, meetings, workshops and training seminars.
- May conduct trainings on enrollment management practices and regulations.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- May develop and distribute dashboards, datasets, and other visual metric tracking tools.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of data extraction and query tools such as structured query language (SQL).
- Data warehousing principles and methods.
- Professionally accepted research practices applicable to research design, methodology development/selection, data analysis and interpretation and reporting.
- Research methods and procedures applicable to academic records.
- Theories, principles, methods and techniques of statistical analysis.
- Statistical analysis software packages such as SPSS and Tableau and programming skills and tools used in extracting data sets.
- Principles, practices and methods of administrative, organization and management analysis.
- Applicable sections of the California Education Code, The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and other District, state and federal laws, rules, regulations and policies governing student admissions and records.
- Principles, tools and techniques of project planning and management.
- Basic principles and practices of employee work guidance and direction.
- Customer service practices and telephone etiquette.
- District student recordkeeping practices and procedures for processing student information and interpreting input and output data.
- Advanced uses of standard business applications including word processing, spreadsheet and database software and other specialized District software applications.
- Practices and techniques of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- College and District organization, rules, policies, procedures and goals applicable to departmental and division operations.
- Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the assignment.
- Uses and operations of scanners, phone systems, computers, standard business software, and database and spreadsheet applications.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Consultatively provide information and guidance to college faculty and staff on data reconciliation, validation, Student Information Systems (SIS) capabilities and limitations as pertains to reporting, and analysis techniques.
- Identify, investigate and define research issues and problems and locate sources of data to meet research needs and requirements, as appropriate to assigned scope of responsibility.
- Use interactive analytical statistical software packages efficiently.
- Operate computers and make advanced functional use of standard business software, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics and database applications.
- Use specialized software to create survey instruments, extract student data perform research.
- Create and utilize graphical user interfaces (GUI), SQL reports and other programming and database tools to provide effective access to and presentation of community college-related information.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of faculty and staff in carrying out research and reporting functions.
- Interpret, explain and apply complex legal mandates, regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures applicable to assigned responsibilities with consistency and a high degree of accuracy.
- Perform complex data analysis, reconciliation and reporting.
- Set priorities and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Assign and inspect the work of other staff.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Present research findings clearly, logically and in a meaningful and understandable form, using a wide variety of modalities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Understand Personnel Commission Rules, Administrative Regulations, Human Resources procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of progressively responsible experience in Enrollment Management, Data Analysis or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program in some assignments.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk and stand; and lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet. The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
All SCCCD employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To learn more about this requirement, visit the Vaccine Mandate information page or go to scccd.edu.
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or transcripts (must include when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will also include a competency assessment (45% weight) and an oral interview assessment (55% weight). Of those achieving a passing score on the competency assessment, only the highest-scoring candidates, plus ties, will be invited to the oral interview assessment. Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each assessment section.
INITIAL ASSESSMENT IS TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 31, 2022
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Candidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed in rank order on a district-wide Open-Competitive List. Using the same process, a separate Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. The eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies in this classification for at least six months. The current vacancy is at the District Office.
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3614419/district-enrollment-management-analyst-extended
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-02cee5c823c3054d9725000a14739b01