Tacoma Community College
Tacoma Community College
Priority Consideration Date: February 5, 2018. Will remain open until filled.
Who we are (TCC)
Tacoma Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 14,000 students. We embrace our identity as a community college. Our stated mission is to create meaningful and relevant learning, inspire greater equity, and celebrate success in our lives and in our communities. We are recognized nationally as an Achieving the Dream "leader college", and our faculty are engaged in innovative work to improve student retention and program completion. According to the Community College Survey of Student Engagement, TCC ranks high on measures of active learning and academic challenge, thanks to our creative and scholarly faculty. We seek to recruit and retain a workforce that
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the campus mission promoting equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for underrepresented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of TCC
For information on Tacoma and the surrounding area: http://www.tacomacc.edu/abouttcc/employment/tacomaandvicinity/
This full-time tenure track faculty position includes teaching anthropology courses and supporting the academic programs of Tacoma Community College. TCC's Anthropology program emphasizes a four-field core (Biological Anthropology, Cultural Anthropology, Archaeology, and Linguistic Anthropology), preparing students to transfer major-ready to bachelor's programs at 4-year institutions. This position complements the existing specialties in the department, and reports to the Dean for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
The successful applicant will be asked to prepare and teach predominantly Survey of Anthropology, Biological Anthropology, and another of the 4-field core courses, preferably Archaeology.
Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following: Selected candidates will be invited for interview which will include a teaching demonstration.
Application materials must be submitted online through our website.
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Resume & cover letter describing how your educational background and experience align with the responsibilities and qualifications.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended (official transcripts will be required for the successful candidate).
- Tacoma Community College is committed to creating and supporting a multi-cultural climate that welcomes, fosters, respects, and celebrates diversity. Please attach a statement (maximum two pages) describing your experiences with other cultures and communities, your level of cultural self-awareness and how you have integrated both experience and self-awareness into your living/working environment.
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time, tenure track faculty position contracted on an annual basis. Classes assigned to the successful candidate may be on campus, hybrid online, or fully online with an online learning management system (Canvas) component for some class materials. Placement on the faculty salary schedule will be commensurate with educational background and experience. The salary will be prorated to reflect the actual contract days remaining in the academic year.A collective bargaining agreement exists, and membership in the TCC Federation of Teachers or payment of a service fee is required.Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the department. Evening and off campus assignments may be a part of the instructional load. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Beth Brooks, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5054; Shema Hanebutte, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6006.
Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment.
This recruitment announcement may not reflect the entire job description and can be change and or modified at any time.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466 www.tacomacc.edu/careers
Apply now at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tacomacc/jobs/1945625/anthropology-professor-tenure-track
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency